Occupational therapy is a branch of health care that helps people of all ages who have physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. Occupational therapy can help them regain independence in all areas of their lives. Occupational therapists help with barriers that affect a person’s emotional, social, and physical needs.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY CAN HELP KIDS AND TEENS WHO HAVE:
- birth injuries or birth defects
- sensory processing disorders
- traumatic injuries to the brain or spinal cord
- learning problems
- juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- mental health or behavioral problems
- traumatic amputations
Frequently Ask Questions
We have put together some commonly asked questions to give you more information. If you have any queries or questions? Feel free to ask. Send us a email or call us on the numbers provided. You can also contact us on WhatsApp and personally at our Saket or Gurugram clinic.
What are the benefits of occupational therapy?
• Develop fine motor skills so they can grasp and release toys and develop good handwriting or computer skills.
• Improve eye-hand coordination so they can play and do needed school skills such as bat a ball and copy from a blackboard.
• Master basic life skills such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing teeth, and self-feeding.
• Learn positive behaviors and social skills by practicing how they manage frustration and anger.
• Get special equipment to help build their independence. These include wheelchairs, splints, bathing equipment, dressing devices, and communication aids
What does an occupational therapist do?
An Occupational therapist specially designs everyday activities, exercises, and other therapies to restore and enhance the person’s performance. The Occupational therapist utilizes the patient’s available resources for the treatment
M-58A Saket, Near Saket DDA Sports Complex, New Delhi-110017, India