What physiotherapy can be for pain management in the winter?
Wintertime low temperatures lead to an increase in weather-related health issues. especially for patients with problems involving their bones and joints. Winter makes it more challenging to manage common symptoms including pain, edema, stiffness, exhaustion, etc. Patients with conditions such as arthritis, spondylosis, asthma, etc. can benefit from physiotherapy in wintertime pain management and enduring the season without discomfort.
Common conditions that deteriorate during the winter and how physiotherapy can help:
Bone & Joints issue:
The most frequent health issue affecting the lives of older persons in cold weather is joint pains and tight muscles. The number of senior individuals seeking care for bone and joint issues increases by 50% throughout the winter.
- In the winter, a variety of modalities that we have, including hot and cold therapy, TENS therapy, and therapeutic massages, can assist manage joint pain and releasing muscles. Additionally, Our physiotherapist also recommends certain self-stretches and exercises to minimize pain.
Another chronic condition that worries people in the winter is rheumatoid arthritis. Winter makes it more difficult to manage its symptoms, which include pain, stiffness, swelling, fatigue, and other typical rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), physiotherapy is a reliable and secure option. People with rheumatoid arthritis can appropriately exercise with the help of professional consultation, which can enhance their general physical fitness, sense of well-being, and ease with daily tasks.
As the temperature drops in the winter, people with cervical spondylosis, a disorder that affects the bones, discs, and joints of the neck, will struggle more.
- The treatment of cervical spondylosis involves physiotherapy in a substantial way. A physiotherapist instructs numerous exercises to enhance core stability, flexibility, strength, and range of motion during the active part of physiotherapy.
Cold weather can also cause asthma attacks because it increases the airborne allergens that are the primary cause of asthma. Asthma sufferers have delicate airways, which are made worse by cold or wet weather.
- In order to prevent aberrant breathing patterns in people with asthma, diaphragmatic breathing exercises and pursing-lip breathing techniques are frequently utilized. Air cannot be trapped in the lungs when breathing via pursed lips. موقع كازينو 888
Apart from the above-mentioned modalities, we are equipped with high-end therapeutic modalities for pain relief such as-
- Extracorporeal shock wave.
- Super inductive system.
- High-intensity laser.
- TR/Tecar. Etc.